Custom Jewelry from Capulin Creations
Interested in a custom piece of jewelry from Capulin Creations? Great! I love working with clients to make jewelry that perfectly suits them.
Here’s an overview of the process so you can know what to expect.
- Initial contact
- Initial consultation
- Design consultations
- Price quote
- Down payment
- Production of custom piece
- Final payment
- Shipment of custom piece
If you’re interested in a custom piece of Capulin Creations jewelry—or even if you’re just curious or have questions—please contact me through any of the various means listed below.
- Fill out the contact form.
- Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Text me at 1 (505) 226-4579. Texting is preferred over phone calls since I can’t always answer the phone right away.
- Message me via Facebook or Instagram: https://m.me/capulincreations.
Ideally, you’ll give me an idea of what you’re looking to have created. Any sort of drawings, pictures, or descriptions will helpful.
I’ll respond to you and work with you to set up a quick (15 minutes or so) initial consultation via video or phone call.
This initial consultation will:
- determine if I’m able to do the kind of work you’re looking for—if I have the skills, materials, and time. If I can’t do what you’re wanting for whatever reason, I’ll let you know, and I’ll try to point you to another artist who may be better able to help you.
- determine if your piece needs to be fully custom or just customized a bit. Maybe you saw a pair of sterling silver earrings I offer but would like them in copper, or you like a bangle I make but need it to be bigger. In cases like that, I simply customize my current design a little; no need for any further consultations or design fees.
If we feel we can work together and I’ve determined this needs to be a completely custom piece, not just customize, we move to the design phase.
I charge a $150 up-front non-refundable fee (see my return policy for more details). This covers 4 hours of design and consultation time, including a prototype if needed. I’ll email you an invoice, and you can pay using the links in the email.
When the $150 design fee is paid, then we’ll talk back and forth about your design until we agree on a final design. These consultations might include video and phone calls, emails, and texts, and will definitely include lots of pictures.
These 4 hours of design time include our conversations, my research and drawings, and any prototypes that might be needed. I’ll let you know if or when we run up against the 4-hour mark of allotted design time.
Once we’ve agreed on the design, I’ll email you a quote for how much the project will cost. This quoted price includes labor, materials, and any extra design/consultation time beyond the initial 4 hours of design time that was already paid for.
So that I can have a record, you’ll show your acceptance of the final design and this quote by replying affirmatively to the email.
Note that any agreed-upon changes after this design sign-off and quote acceptance will affect the final price. I’ll always let you know if any changes we agree to could affect that final price.
Now that you’ve accepted the final design and quote, I’ll email you an invoice for 50% of the quoted price. You can pay using the links in the email. This down payment is non-refundable (see me return policy).
Production of custom piece
Once the down payment has been paid, I’ll begin working on your piece. Production typically takes 2 to 4 weeks depending on availability of materials, any agreed-upon design changes made after the design sign-off, and my availability. I’ll do my best to nail down a fairly firm time period for you.
I’ll keep you informed of the progress however you’d like. Some clients don’t want to know about or see any progress updates until the piece is completed; other clients want daily updates with pictures. It’s up to you.
When we agree that the piece is complete, I’ll email an invoice for the remaining balance (which is eligible for a refund—see my return policy). You can pay using the links in the email. Note that any agreed-upon changes after the design sign-off and quote acceptance may have affected the final price. I’ll always let you know if any changes we agree to could affect this final price.
Shipment of custom piece
And finally, after the remaining balance is paid, I’ll ship your order to you. You’ll receive email updates and tracking information (see my shipping policy).
How long does this process take?
This process will take at least 3 weeks, assuming you’re responsive to communications, you pay quickly, the materials are available, and I have the available time.
More likely, this will take 6 to 8 weeks.
It might take longer if you don’t communicate promptly, you change your mind on the design a lot, you pay with installments, materials aren’t readily available, or I have a lot of other projects ahead of yours.
What if I need this piece faster?
If you find that you need this custom piece quicker than my usual turn-around, you can pay a $100 non-refundable rush fee. We can discuss this during our consultations.
Your piece is eligible for a rush assuming that:
- I have the availability (e.g., I’m not traveling or I don’t have rushed orders ahead of yours),
- the materials are available,
- you’re not paying by installments since using installments greatly increases the timeline of our project.
How can I make payments?
You can make payments by using the links in the emails I send to you.
You can also create an account at Capulin Creations to see your cart, what balances you have outstanding, and your order history.
I offer the following payment options:
- Credit cards:
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- Installments via Affirm: with installments, you can pay each invoice in 4 equal increments with no interest, no fees, and no hits on your credit reports. Please note that this option will greatly increase the timeline for the custom project since I don’t start designing, producing, or shipping until each invoice is paid in full. The rush option is not available if you’re paying with installments.
- Cash or check: this is available ONLY if I know you personally and you’re in the local Albuquerque area.
If you’re ready to get started on a custom piece, or you still have questions, drop me a line. I’d love to hear from you.
I’m sure we’ll make a great team and come up with a wonderful design for you!